[vdr] Re: PATCHES: vdr-1.2.6 (getSTC and mp2)

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:46:31PM +0100, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2003 15:08, Sven Goethel wrote:
> >
> > hmm .. so ain't there a way to get the seen PTS (video/audio)
> > of the played (replay/transfer/live) stream ?
>
> Imho the *PTS* (presentation timestamp) is not directly available,
> but the *STC* (System Time Clock) can be used instead.
>
> According to my tests, the STC is valid during replay/transfer/live
> mode. In trick mode (pause, slow motion, fast forward/rewind) it is
> meaningless anyway.
>
> > afai understand STC is the seen PTS as long as you just play ..
>
> Apparently the STC is set to the value of the PTS in the recorded
> material.
>
> It might be interesting for you to read section '11. Synchronization' of
> the av7110 datasheet. There is an explanation how the av7110 performs
> A/V sync. Maybe you can use some ideas.

The question is: how to get the offset to STC for audio as described
in paragraph 11.6?  Especially in live mode.  AFAIS there is no method
to get it from the firmware/driver.  Nevertheless this would help
a lot to get AC3 streams in sync with the live picture regardless of
the used channel/transponder.

      Werner