[vdr] Re: No audio output from DVB card, what to try next?

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:01:43PM +0100, Oliver Endriss wrote:

> - Do you have an analog module? AFAIK you have to set some jumpers if
>   the analog module is not present.
>
> - You may disable autodetection of the adac chip.
>   Try module parameter 'adac=-1' for dvb-ttpci

Many thanks, now it works! Yes, I've got an analog module. I installed it
immediately when the card arrived. When debugging the sound problem I
removed the module for a while, but of course I forgot those two jumpers.
Yesterday I removed module, installed jumpers and changed that ADAC stuff
(adac settings and changes to source didn't do anything when module was on
the board. in fact it looked like the driver didn't even identify my analog
module, broken module or normal behaviour from dvb 1.0.1?).
I'm not sure if it is 0 or -1 at the moment but at least I've got audio
output now.
I have to admit vdr has really exceeded my expectations, it is so much
nicer to use and more stable than digiboxes I've tried. Yesterday I also
got subtitle plugin working, and the project of this evening is patching EPG
so I'll get information from all channels in Finnish, not some channels
partly in Swedish. :)

Lasse