[vdr] Using nohup with runvdr and vdr

Hi,

Whenever I log into my VDR box over my network and try to either use "runvdr -Pdxr3" or "vdr -Pdxr3" with nohup they quit once they are put into the background

For example

This works and leave VDR running in the background

log into the box
Change to vdr directory
nohup ./runvdr -Pdxr3
Close the local terminal window

But this doesn't

log into the box
Change to vdr directory
nohup ./runvdr -Pdxr3 &
vdr stops a little while later

Similarly if I just do
./vdr -Pdxr3 &

I get this after pressing return a couple of times

titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5# ./vdr -Pdxr3 &
[1] 585
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#

[1]+ Stopped ./vdr -Pdxr3
titan:/home/glyn/DVB/VDR/vdr-1.2.5#

I can then type fg to get the program working again or I have to kill the process and start again.

There doesn't seem to be any errors in the logs

Any thoughts? Am I just being stupid?

Glyn