[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Start irexec at boot time

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:28:39PM +0100, Simon Bauschulte wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:03:46PM +0100, Simon Bauschulte wrote:
> >> Iīm trying to start irexec at boot time under Suse (8.2), but donīt
> >> get it running. I canīt see any kind of error message in the log
> file.
> >> If I start it manually (../irexec -d /root/.lircrc) it works fine.
> >>
> >> I tried starting it from /etc/inittab; runvdr; /etc/init.d.
>

> >As you didn't mention lirc i guess you start irexec seperate and AFTER
> lirc?
>
> Yes, I do.

Then i'm clueless.

On my former installation i had this in my start file.
- snip -
        rmmod serial
        modprobe lirc_serial
        /usr/local/sbin/lircd /root/keys/keys
        /usr/local/bin/irexec -d /home/ms/.lircrc-irexec
- snip -
(lirc(0.6.3) was self compiled, kernel 2.2.19)

And it "just worked".

Bis denn