[vdr] Re: Hauppauge DVB-C, Conax and PCMCIA?

--On den 10 november 2003 18:41 +0100 Rene Bartsch <ml@bartschnet.de> wrote:

Electrically it's no problem to put a CAM into a PCMCIA-Slot as a CAM is
just  a microprocessor with firmware and PCMCIA-interface. As a CAM has a
well  defined interface, it also would be easy to support it in
software-players.
As I have understood it, it is not electrically incompatible,
but it is not PCMCIA;
10 or so of the address lines are really data in (D0-D7+clock+
data-valid-line, or something like that), and the same number
of data lines are data out.
There might be PCMCIA modes where you can upgrade firmware
etc, but I don't think you can typically make it decode data
in a typical PCMCIA slot (if you don't manage to emulate
data in with the address lines and read back the data on
the data lines).

/ragge