[vdr] Re: Hauppauge DVB-C, Conax and PCMCIA?

All right, I now have a floppy-like Common Interface module attached
to my Hauppauge DVB-C card, with a Conax CAM and a smartcard from my
cable operator.

However, just tuning to an encrypted channel does not seem to cut it,
should it (picture does not get decoded, though audio is heard)?

It's always possible that I have inserted the smartcard in the wrong
way or something similar...

By the way, what software can you recommend for a simple "record"
operation to use with the DVB cards? I've found that getting an
elaborate timer/user interface system like VDR working is a bit too
much for my current available time, and would just occasionally like
to record programs directly from the transmission. Suggestions?
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 40 7860457, ICBM: 60N 25E */