[vdr] Re: Only black screen with VDR, Hauppauge PVR-250 andanalogTV-plugin 0.9.14 ?

Am Don, 2003-11-13 um 10.42 schrieb Karsten Müller:
> yesterday I got my Hauppauge PVR 250 and plugged it into my VDR. After some
> struggles with kernelversions, module dependencies and stuff I finally
> managed to load the module(s) without (visible) hiccups:

Hi

the README says that PVR cards are supported since version 0.9.15. After
some struggles (thanks to Andreas again), I have a working PVR-250 with
0.9.21.

> What does that "Device or minor 0 not accepted" mean ?

I guess it means, that ivtv tries to register as this video device and
fails, because your 2 DVB-C have already registered as those devices.

> I load the DVB modules prior to the ivtv stuff so the PVR device should be
> /dev/video2 (I have 2 DVB-C cards)
> The Syslog output looks quite ok to me... But when I zap to any analogue
> channel, VDR "hangs" for a few seconds, stating:

The README to 0.9.21 says to load ivtv FIRST.

> Although I don't understand the "switching to channel 0 on device 0" and
> then "switching to channel 0 on device 4" the finally selected channel seems
> to be the one I zapped to (channel 159, SAT.1). As one can see I even get
> the EPG for that channel (looks like magic to me...? )

> If I do a "cat /dev/video2 > /tmp/blafasel.mpg", then "file" tells me:
>
> 	/tmp/blafasel.mpg: MPEG system stream data
>
> so I suspect the device itself is working. If I look at that file using
> mplayer I can see at least some "snow" like one gets on TV when no channel
> is tuned in.

That's further than I got for the first time ;-)

> Some additional background information:
> 	VDR		1.2.1
> 	analogTV	0.9.14
> 	PVR driver	CVS-LATEST as of November, 12th
> 	DVB cards	2x Siemens DVB-C
> 	PVR card	Hauppauge PVR-250
>
> Now my question is: What am I doing wrong, what did I miss ? How do I have
> to configure the analogTV plugin ? Do I have to pass additional commandline
> parameters to VDR ?
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.

Well, upgrade to the latest ivtv (some patchwork needed), latest
analogtv and give it another try.

Jan