[vdr] Re: Only black screen with VDR, Hauppauge PVR-250 and analogTV-plugin 0.9.14 ?

Hi again,

On Thursday 13 November 2003 13:42, Jan Wagner wrote:
> Am Don, 2003-11-13 um 10.42 schrieb Karsten Müller:
> > yesterday I got my Hauppauge PVR 250 and plugged it into my VDR. After
> > some struggles with kernelversions, module dependencies and stuff I
> > finally managed to load the module(s) without (visible) hiccups:
>
> Hi
>
> the README says that PVR cards are supported since version 0.9.15. After
> some struggles (thanks to Andreas again), I have a working PVR-250 with
> 0.9.21.

Oops, my README (0.9.14) told me, the card would be supported either... ?
Anyway...

> > What does that "Device or minor 0 not accepted" mean ?
>
> I guess it means, that ivtv tries to register as this video device and
> fails, because your 2 DVB-C have already registered as those devices.
>
> > I load the DVB modules prior to the ivtv stuff so the PVR device should
> > be /dev/video2 (I have 2 DVB-C cards)
> > The Syslog output looks quite ok to me... But when I zap to any
> > analogue channel, VDR "hangs" for a few seconds, stating:
>
> The README to 0.9.21 says to load ivtv FIRST.

I did, but then my machine crashed, so I didn't want to do that again ;-)

> > Although I don't understand the "switching to channel 0 on device 0"
> > and then "switching to channel 0 on device 4" the finally selected
> > channel seems to be the one I zapped to (channel 159, SAT.1). As one
> > can see I even get the EPG for that channel (looks like magic to me...?
> > )
> >
> > If I do a "cat /dev/video2 > /tmp/blafasel.mpg", then "file" tells me:
> >
> > 	/tmp/blafasel.mpg: MPEG system stream data
> >
> > so I suspect the device itself is working. If I look at that file using
> > mplayer I can see at least some "snow" like one gets on TV when no
> > channel is tuned in.
>
> That's further than I got for the first time ;-)
>
> > Some additional background information:
> > 	VDR		1.2.1
> > 	analogTV	0.9.14
> > 	PVR driver	CVS-LATEST as of November, 12th
> > 	DVB cards	2x Siemens DVB-C
> > 	PVR card	Hauppauge PVR-250
> >
> > Now my question is: What am I doing wrong, what did I miss ? How do I
> > have to configure the analogTV plugin ? Do I have to pass additional
> > commandline parameters to VDR ?
> >
> > Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Well, upgrade to the latest ivtv (some patchwork needed), latest
> analogtv and give it another try.
>
> Jan

Thanks for the hints, I thought I already had the latest versions but I
had not.

With the new version I managed to get a picture on my vdr screen but another
problem showed up. The channels.conf from Hessen (of course) does not apply
to the channels in Hamburg (where I live). Is there a method to kinda do a
channel scan (I don't have X on my VDR so unfortunately xawtv is not an
option :-( ) Maybe anyone already has a channels.conf for Hamburg and
would be willing to post it to the list ?

Thanks in advance

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de