[vdr] Re: Hauppauge DVB-C, Conax and PCMCIA?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Otto J. Makela wrote:
> By the way, what software can you recommend for a simple "record"
> operation to use with the DVB cards? I've found that getting an
> elaborate timer/user interface system like VDR working is a bit too
> much for my current available time, and would just occasionally like
> to record programs directly from the transmission. Suggestions?

  Really, VDR is still the easiest thing to set up even if you only want
to record something once in a while, I think.  Just my opinion, but I
think everything has been thought out in vdr, and you must re-invent
everything if you want to use something else like command line tools like
'dvbstream' to record something.

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com