[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre8

Hi Sven,

Sven Goethel wrote on Tue, Nov 11 2003:

>- - needs vdr >= 1.2.6pre6 - no more extra STC patch !

Hmmmm, according to INSTALL one needs shared memory filesystem in
kernel. I searched quite a while and found out, that this is an old
term for tmpfs. However tmpfs is active in my kernel 2.4.18, still
bitstreamout would not start up, unless I had this in /etc/fstab:

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

Anyway: when the (live) TV-programme has AC3, everything works as
expected. When there is only mp2 audio, I still hear clear sound on
S/PDIF out, however my consoles are flooded with (always repeating):

ALSA ../alsa-kernel/core/pcm_lib.c:216: Unexpected hw_pointer value
(stream = 0, delta: -767, max jitter = 7680):
wrong interrupt acknowledge?

Alsa 0.9.8 compiled with
"./configure --with-debug=detect --with-cards=intel8x0"
System is a Hermes MSI 651 barebone without digital in

And when watching a movie with three soundtracks:
mp2 German
mp2 English
AC3 German

I can only select the German AC3? As Werner already stated here: the
sound is not very synchronous in live view, even when I set delay=0
(plugin configuration).

Please don't be offended by my "rant", bitstreamout is very, very
promising, thank you already for this fine piece of software!

Kind regards  Frederick