[vdr] Re: [OT] Re: Re: XOSD for VDR software-backends

Am Montag, 17. November 2003 00:36 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:15:35 +0100
>
> Rene Bartsch <ml@bartschnet.de> wrote:
> > VDR is a very static stand-alone system for thin TV-boxes while NMM
> > provides a complete, scalable multimedia architecture.
> >
> > So they have to completely different approaches.
>
> Just one question, does this complete,scalable architecture work nearly as
> well as a stable VDR installation ?

At a first test I had no problems (except solving the dependencies ;-). But it
was quite short. I'll install it when I get up my server again (when I've
figured out how to boot from raid1).

The computer-magazine c't provided NMM with a special edition for home cinema.
It's developed at the University of Saarbrücken
(http://www.networkmultimedia.org).

Rene