[vdr] Re: XOSD for VDR software-backends

Am Sonntag, 16. November 2003 16:04 schrieben Sie:
> > By the way, is anyone developing/maintaining the Xine-plugins? If not
> > I'll change from VDR to NMM.
>
> Did anyone ever think about integrating VDR/NMM? Might offer some
> interesting possiblities, at least network-transparent access should be
> possible.

I don't think it would make any sense to merge them. NMM is a DirectX-like,
but completely network-based multimedia-middleware for linux. It's example
implementation MMBOX covers nearly all functions of VDR (I think only cutting
stuff is missing) plus X11 output with OSD. As it is node-based, you can
implement any kind of input-/output-/reencoding-filter or what ever you want
and link them by GUI.

VDR is a very static stand-alone system for thin TV-boxes while NMM provides a
complete, scalable multimedia architecture.

So they have to completely different approaches.

Rene