[vdr] Choosing harddisk (5400 or 7200rpms?)

I am considering another harddisk. While having a seagate barracuda V 120gb now I think I will change from seagate to samsung (their new Spinpoint series seems very silent and cool as well as cheap, and the new seagates don't seem quiter than the samsungs anymore). So some questions arises, mainly concerning speed.

First there is 5400 and 7200 versions of the samsungs out there. I guess 5400 rpm drives qill be cooler and quiter - but what about performance. Will I for instance be able to record two simultaneous programs with two cards delivering mpeg2 streams with the 5400rpm version? Anything else to think of when it comes to drive speed?

Second theres the cache size. How much do the cache size matter when it comes to use it as video HD?

Thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

/Martin Altemark