[vdr] Re: Shutdown during recording

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 12:14:56PM +0100, Jens Groth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just discovered the following behaviour in vdr 1.2.6:
> - I started a timer scheduled recording
> - pressed the "Power off" button.
> - Got the OSD warning "Recording running! Really want to shutdown?"
> - pressed "OK" on remote
> - OSD changed to "Press any key to abort shutwon"
> - I pressed no key but the shutdown aborted anyway.
>
> Is the described shutdown different to an ordinary shutdown (no
> recording running)?
> If so, than I might have to change my shutdown scripts (btw I use
> nvram-wakeup).
>
> CU
>
> Jens

Hi,

I had the same problem some time ago.

As mentioned in the other responses to your mail, the wakeup script
gets the times for the currently running timer.

I made a patch (for vdr-1.1.28, but it might still work) that
transmits the next timer (or even later) if you force the shutdown.

http://www.vis.ethz.ch/~robert/VDR/vdr-1.1.28-shutdown.time-0.2.diff.gz

The patch is a bit old, as i got lazy and didn't patch my latest vdr
releases.

Gruss Robert

--
Robert R. Simons