[vdr] Re: Feature Request: SVDRP command "DONTSLEEP"

Dirk Wiebel wrote:
> I started doing workarounds like this, but I don't like the
> idea of lock
> files very much. Once upon a time (tm) my homebrew divx conversion
> scripts were crashing every now and then, due to calculation errors.
> Nowadays, I noticed some problems with vdrsync.pl, which
> doesn't seem to
> like some DD-Recordings. Anyway, if you have to kill processes, lock
> file handling is not always easy.

There is no need for lock files. You can simply test for the processes
of your scripts.
e.g.:

#!/bin/sh

#--------------->.........<----- programm name you're testing for
if ps -A | grep [w]hatever > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
    echo "No shutdown"
else
    echo "shutdown"
fi