[vdr] Re: Feature Request: SVDRP command "DONTSLEEP"

You can handle this in your shutdown script.
Just use, for instance, a flag file which, when present,
keeps the shutdown script from actually shutting down.
I started doing workarounds like this, but I don't like the idea of lock files very much. Once upon a time (tm) my homebrew divx conversion scripts were crashing every now and then, due to calculation errors. Nowadays, I noticed some problems with vdrsync.pl, which doesn't seem to like some DD-Recordings. Anyway, if you have to kill processes, lock file handling is not always easy.

IMHO, an SVDRP command with a sort of "watchdog mechanism" would be nice to avoid all external handling.

Regards,
Dirk

--
Dirk Wiebel