[vdr] Re: Feature Request: SVDRP command "DONTSLEEP"

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Dirk Wiebel (DW) wrote:

DW> Hello List,
DW>
DW> when doing conversion stuff or other time intensive tasks I would love a
DW> simple feature that keeps VDR up for that time. The most easy way would
DW> be to "HITK menu" 2 times via SVDRP -- but it would not be very nice if
DW> someone really watches tv. Does anyone know an easier and nicer way to
DW> keep VDR awake?

tell  your  shutdown  script  (-s  Option  of  VDR)  to check whether some
conversion  is  running and if yes, not to shutdown. In this case VDR will
vall the shutdown script after another MinUserInactivity minutes again. If
by  then  the  conversion  is  finished,  then  the  shutdown  script will
shutdown.

c ya
        Sergei
--