[vdr] Re: Building vdr again the new 2.6 kernel tree

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 04:03:24PM +0100, Maik Zumstrull wrote:

> Clean solution:
> Install the user space versions of the 2.6 headers. Many distribution
> already package them. In Debian, you can install the package
> "linux-kernel-headers". Afterwards, VDR should compile cleanly without
> looking at the 2.6 internal headers.

Hello,

thanks for this clear answer, from my point of view when someone tried a
2.6 with pre-emp enabled, he couldn't go back to a 2.4 ;-)

I always use my own kernel and my own source, and I cannot compil VDR
against 2.6 I have always thought this was because my glibc was compiled
against 2.4 and glibc-devel, but regarding your post it's not...

Where could I find more info on this subject?

Thank you very much,

	Grégoire