[vdr] Re: ORF regional channels

> Why are they as registrative as some other pay-tv provider are?
> I thought they *have to* encrypt their program, even if they do not
> really want to, eg. for getting some extra money or something like
> that?

i guess its that common "we are the feds"
syndrom.
the funny thing is that you can purchase for
example a cryptoworx CAM or a STB
including the smartcard - but you have to
register and pay around 30€ if you want to use
it after 30 days - even and only if you are a
legal ORF customer who pays their fees
anyway ...

> > one could guess that vdr is not on their lists.
> I bet it is not... because vdr is evil:-)

nope not evil - but not on their list of STBīs -
so you can picture that bureaucrat sitting
there scratching his head asking himself what
to do now - and one could guess easily his
"safe" choice ...

wbr.tja...

--
thomas jagoditsch