[vdr] Re: ORF regional channels

Thomas Jagoditsch schrieb:
Could you not simply mail your local ORF studio?

yes, one could do this, but:

ORF´s smartcard has to be used with a registered receiver only (you have to provide the receivers type and sernr at registration time).
Oh ok, I didn't know that...

one could guess that vdr is not on their lists.
take this and multiply with their quality of 1st lvl support and try to guess the possibility to reach someone flexible but competent ...
Well, I thought so either but I got a rather technical answer even from the german KiKa (children channel). At the local WDR studio they've also got a campaign for their DVB service next year on air. You can send questions about this to your local studio, so I think they've got at least one competent person around there. I think it's worth a try if there wouldn't be the first point metioned...

Regards,
Floh