[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: bitstreamout 0.48 (Audio loop through sound card)

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:35:55PM +0100, S. Ullrich wrote:
> Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >     just released the new version 0.48 of the bitstreamout plugin.
> >See http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/ for download.
> >New features are:
> >
> >   *   MP2 support (many thanks to Sven Goethel!!)
> >       This requires an installed libmad with headers!
> >   *   Usage of STC (also many thanks to Sven)
> >   *   DTS support even in Live Mode (No tested, but
> >       some swedish radio stations on hotbird may use DTS)
> >   *   New scanner for PES frames (replay and live)
> >   *   Better synchronization (at least Sat1, ZDF and Pro7
> >       are in synch with a CMI8738 based soundcard and
> >       a Pioneer VSA-E07) ... nevertheless if Audio data stream
> >       is late in comparision with Video data stream there is no
> >       way to jump back.
> >
> >The docs seems to be uptodate (INSTALL, PROBLEMS, and vdr-bitstreamout.5).
> >
> >     Werner
> >

> Hello,
> before I start to test this new version (using 0.46g at the moment) I
> would like to know if its necessary to apply the following patches  to
> vdr-1.2.6 or if they give an additional functionality.

Hmmm ... reading the docs would help. OK, lets cite out of the
file PROBLEMS:

[...]
* This plugin for VDR 1.2.6 and higher requires ALSA
  0.9.0 and higher. For MP2 Audio replay functionality you may
  apply the patch for VDR 1.2.6 (vdr-1.2.6-mp2PlayAudio-v4.diff).
  The other patch (vdr-1.2.6-audio.dif) reduces the load caused
  by the EPG scanning thread and add some compile optimizations.
  Note that some parts of this patch can be already done in
  newer VDR versions. Don't patch without checking before!
[...]

And as you read from the ChangeLog: VDR 1.2.6 already includes
the STC interface ;^)

For all which have connected the HW S/P-DIF out of the DVB card
to the S/P-DIF in of their sound card ... you may set the Mp2Enable
to Off as mentioned in vdr-bitstreamout.5.  Otherwise you may not
note any difference (beside an initial short shutter sometimes in
the audio for delay `0').

For those who want to use the main menue entry, please add the
option `-o' as described in the manual page vdr-bitstreamout.5.

>   Siggi

        Werner