[vdr] Problems with mplayer / encoding cut recordings...

I've been finding that some of my cut recordings cannot be played back
with mplayer, basically because it cannot recognise the file type (I
don't think it will let you force a codec, either!).

More importantly, I cannot convert them with either mencoder or
transcode, due to the same problem. These recording play back fine with
vdr and xine, and the uncut versions play fine with mplayer!

After asking Google, I found reference to similar symptoms where
increasing the cache for mplayer solved the problem (presumably it's
reading more before giving up). This didn't work for me, even increasing
the cache to 64 MB, the biggest it can go!

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, did they manage to get
round it?

Everyone keep up the good work...

Cheers,

Laz