[vdr] Re: Pb : svdrp, script and crontab

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:29:34 +0100
"karim" <kafifi@nerim.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Absolute paths are already used.
> About redirect scripts, sorry for that newbie question, but what do
> you mean:
> => redirect script like myscript > dev/null
> or
> => editing script and add >/dev/null after all tasks ?

Sorry, I compressed too much ;)
I was talking about redirecting the output of the scripts that usually
goes to stderr.

Usually when you run a crontab job you don't want any output either on
stdout or stderr, or you want it in a log file in order to be able to
see the errors/logs.

A typical crontab job that ignores output :
20,40,60 * * * * *  /path/to/script 2>1 > /dev/null

A typical crontab job that redirects all the output (the 2>1 part is
used to redirect stderr to stdout)  to a log file:
20,40,60 * * * * * /path/to/script 2>1 > /tmp/logfile

Could you also post the loadepg script ?

Mattia