[vdr] Re: ANN: MediaMVP server 0.0.2

[...]

> >The server interfaces to VDR using the http connection of the streamdev
> >plugin (only tested with 0.3.0), thus you can also listen to internet mp3
> >radio stations.
> >
> >The server can be downloaded via http://www.rst38.org.uk
> >
> >It's quite basic at present, but seems to work fairly well, there's a list
> >of future enhancements that I'd like to add to it in the documentation so
> >you can see where it's going...
> >
> >enjoy!
> >

> I'm planning to buy a mvp unit. I want to hide the vdr box and just have
> the mvp visible. Is there any plans for support other file types?
> I see that it supports mp3 and mpeg. but is there any plans for making
> support  for divx and such files like there is in vdr when you use the
> mplayer plugin.

Technically it should be no problem to support _any_ type of media, _if_ you
transcode it on the host pc. I was asking this myself, when I tried Dominic's
software and wondered if Sascha's streamdev-client-plugin supports playback
of recordings via the http-interface (if yes, you only have to add mplayer to
the plugin ;) ).

reiner