[vdr] Re: vdr crashes several times a day.

Andreas Share wrote:
> From: "Teemu Mantymaki" <teme@teme.net>

>> I am having big problems with vdr/dvb/htpc machine, and don't know how to
>> locate problem. Here is one example from syslog what happens.

>> technotrend 1.3 DVB-t (budget)

>> Those errors "OutCommand", "sOutcommad", "outcom" and ring buffer overflow
>> happens several times a day atleast every night.
>>
>> IIRC this didn't occur when I had only s-card installed, but started after
>> installing t-card.

> Same Problem here since i use the API3 driver, with 2 Rev.1.3 DVBs. Tested
> with dvb driver (2.4.21/22) and dvb-kernel cvs(2.6.0pre9). Those errors
> occurs almost during epg-scan, but seems to be an driver problem.

Are your DVB 1.3 cards also DVB-T? Do they have an ALPS TDLB7 tuner?

> If i leave my second card in an untuned state after load the driver an start
> vdr (epg-scan off), the second card will go also in an unusuble state.
>
> I think the problem is known by the developer, but still not fixed yet.

If you're also using DVB-T cards with a ALPS TDLB7 tuner then you might
want to

a) report this on the linux-dvb list so that Jürgen Peitz (who maintains
this particular frontend driver) sees that it's not only me having
problems with the new driver

b) try the cvs revision 1.13 of the file alps_tdlb7.c with a patch
Jürgen posted in September (I'll uploaded it to
http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/VDR/stuff/alps_tdlb7.patch )
This combination works for me, but we all should help Jürgen to find the
problem in the current driver.

Cheers,
Juri