[vdr] Re: vdr crashes several times a day.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Juri Haberland wrote:

> Andreas Share wrote:
> > From: "Teemu Mantymaki" <teme@teme.net>
>
> >> I am having big problems with vdr/dvb/htpc machine, and don't know how to
> >> locate problem. Here is one example from syslog what happens.
>
> >> technotrend 1.3 DVB-t (budget)
>
> >> Those errors "OutCommand", "sOutcommad", "outcom" and ring buffer overflow
> >> happens several times a day atleast every night.
> >>
> >> IIRC this didn't occur when I had only s-card installed, but started after
> >> installing t-card.
>
> > Same Problem here since i use the API3 driver, with 2 Rev.1.3 DVBs. Tested
> > with dvb driver (2.4.21/22) and dvb-kernel cvs(2.6.0pre9). Those errors
> > occurs almost during epg-scan, but seems to be an driver problem.
>
> Are your DVB 1.3 cards also DVB-T? Do they have an ALPS TDLB7 tuner?

yes, I am.

here is what lsmod says:
[root@htpc usr]# lsmod
evdev                   5984   0  (unused)
mt312                   7880   0
alps_tdmb7              5412   0
alps_tdlb7              5612   0
stv0299                 9296   0  (unused)
ves1820                 6368   0
grundig_29504-491       5376   0
grundig_29504-401       5800   0
dvb-ttpci             320372   4
tda1004x               12100   1
alps_bsrv2              5528   1
dvb-core               54852  19  [mt312 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7 stv0299
ves1820 grundig_29504-491 grundig_29504-401 dvb-ttpci tda1004x alps_bsrv2]
videodev                6112   1  [dvb-ttpci]
input                   6144   0  [evdev dvb-ttpci]

> > If i leave my second card in an untuned state after load the driver an start
> > vdr (epg-scan off), the second card will go also in an unusuble state.
> >
> > I think the problem is known by the developer, but still not fixed yet.
>
> If you're also using DVB-T cards with a ALPS TDLB7 tuner then you might
> want to
>
> a) report this on the linux-dvb list so that Jürgen Peitz (who maintains
> this particular frontend driver) sees that it's not only me having
> problems with the new driver

I will do that.

> b) try the cvs revision 1.13 of the file alps_tdlb7.c with a patch
> Jürgen posted in September (I'll uploaded it to
> http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/VDR/stuff/alps_tdlb7.patch )
> This combination works for me, but we all should help Jürgen to find the
> problem in the current driver.

I will do that tonight, seems that there is 1.14 version also available, I
will try that first.

	Teemu