[vdr] Re: mplayercluster plugin

Also sprach Gernot A. Weber zu "26.11.2003 22:22" Anno Domini:
> Hi,

Hi Gernot,

> Opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0+audio0
> DVB VIDEO DEVICE: : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>
> ./recode-server/recode-server: Couldn't send mpeg data: Broken pipe
> ./recode-server/recode-server: Waiting for mplayer process
>
> Exiting... (End of file)
> ./recode-server/recode-server: Listening on port 2003
> ./recode-server/recode-server: STRG-C pressed, exiting gracefully
> ./recode-server/recode-server: Couldn't listen for a client: Interrupted
> system call
>
> Yes, of course mplayer can not write to DVB devices - my server doesn't
> have a DVB-S card. Do I have to change something in recode-server.cpp at
> the -vo option?

In former times (before Debian sarge upgraded its kernel-header API,
which now includes DVB headers as it comes from kernel 2.6) you could
easily disable DVB _device_ output by not pointing mplayer's configure
to the DVB headers. The mpegpes output plugin was build then to use file
output, to be exactly it outputted to the file "grab.mpg" in the current
working directory. As on my Debian system, DVB headers are installed in
/usr/include (from the 2.6 kernel headers), mplayer's configure always
finds them and includes the for me unwanted DVB device output.

But a hint on the mplayer-dvb ml and a short look at the mplayer sources
gave me (and now of course you also) the solution. You can specify a
output file for the mpegpes plugin which is preferred also if it
normally wants to output via DVB device. Just append the filename
separated by colon to the plugin like this:

mplayer -vo mpegpes:grab.mpg -ao mpegpes ...

The audio output plugin always takes the output file/device of the video
plugin. That's why you don't have (and even cannot) specify a filename
for it.

Using the above modification (you have to do it in the recode-server
sources), it should work. Tell me if not!

> I would really like to maintain this great software, but I never
> programmed anything in C++. I will have a look  at it in mid December
> after my Diploma. But in the meanwhile I would appreciate a quick and
> dirty solution:))

Looks like you are the second possible new maintainer currently writing
his diploma thesis. Volker ask me also (not via this list). I _have_
experiences in writing multimedia applications in C/C++ but my diploma
thesis will continue until august 31th (hopefully). So feel free to
contribute.

CU/all
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "/vmlinuz does not exist.