[vdr] Re: Q: graphlcd max cable length

what is the maximal cable length for connecting an LCD with VDR ?

This largely depends on your parport-cable, the LCD drivers on the LCD itself, your parport signalstrengh and signalquality, the disign of your connection to the LCD (long unshielded ways on a backpack "Platine" - I just don't know the english name ;) - to connect to the LCD largely reduces signalquality).

As you see, this question is not easily answered.

I atm use a 10 meter shielded mlae to female Parport cable connected to the parport on one side and onto a 2,5 meter Parport cable wich leads to the backpack "Platine" which than connects to the LCD itself.
So overall it's about 12,5 meters from the parport to the LCD.
This setup works for a 240x128 glcd and for various hdd44780 20x4 character lcds, all with about 2 to 3 meter cables connected to the 10 meter cable.
But 2 40x2 lcds on one backplane with long signal ways it does not work at all.