[vdr] Re: AW: Problems with VDR and SkyStar 2

Hi,

> > > Since this weekend I have installed a SkyStar 2 next to my Nexus
> > > 2.1
> >
> > as this seemed to be the recommended budget
> >
> > > card. Unfortunately, there are irregular problems when recording on
> >
> > this card.
> >
> > Where did you hear that?
> > The AFAIK best supported budget cards are the TT-based models
> > (Nova-(S|C|T), etc.)
>
> I guess this was told on dvb mailinglist. There was a longish discussion
> about different cards and the limitations of TT Premium. That it was
> recommended wasn't said, but that it is the cheapest card and that the
> card is supported. At least since some days is the SS2 2.6b supported
> too if i read the mailinglist right.

Hi,

it´s indeed a very cheap card, and I believed to have read here and on
vdrportal.de that this card works as a second card. Unfortunately, this does not
seem to be the case. There was also indeed a problem with the SS2 2.6b cards
as they use a different tuner, but as mine is an older card I believed it to
work without problems. Additionally, if you install the DVB drivers, the SS2
drivers are activated by default.

Any hints on my problems? Could the problems caused by the AutoPID patch?
Anyone with a working Premium/SS2 system?

With kind regards

Jörg