[vdr] Re: Feature Request: record the whole movie in timeshiftmode

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Barbini Uberto wrote:

it would be an useful feature to record until the end of the movie in
timeshift mode. This is the expected behaviour, and I was
surprised that
the recording had stopped 10 minutes before the end of the movie ;-)
Yes, I know, I told VDR to do so and record only 120 minutes in this
mode.
IMNSOHO it'd be possible to change the duration of immediate registrations,
for example if I repush red on a currently recording channel, it might
rotate among some values, like 30-60-90-120-180-240 starting with the
default (120).

You could also just as well go into the Timers menü and edit the stop
time of that timer.
I wonder.. Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that in DVB
the programs have a PID, and that it would be separate for different
programs? I've about no knowledge of the DVB spec, but if that would be
so, VDR could just wait for the program to end?

BTW, I don't see why record-this-channel-now functionality should have
any timer. I'd intuitively expect it to just continue recording until
I tell it to stop or it runs out of disk space. Usually programs that
try to be too smart end up being annoying.

Ari

--
Everything is not as bad as it seems. <Poolzmaiden>