[vdr] Re: Feature Request: record the whole movie in timeshiftmode

Ari Huttunen wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> >>IMNSOHO it'd be possible to change the duration of immediate registrations,
> >>for example if I repush red on a currently recording channel, it might
> >>rotate among some values, like 30-60-90-120-180-240 starting with the
> >>default (120).
> >

> > You could also just as well go into the Timers menü and edit the stop
> > time of that timer.
>
> I wonder.. Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that in DVB
> the programs have a PID, and that it would be separate for different
> programs? I've about no knowledge of the DVB spec, but if that would be
> so, VDR could just wait for the program to end?
>
> BTW, I don't see why record-this-channel-now functionality should have
> any timer.

The recording facilities are implemented based on timers.
I don't think it would be a good idea to implement an additional
facility just for timeshift.

> I'd intuitively expect it to just continue recording until
> I tell it to stop or it runs out of disk space. Usually programs that
> try to be too smart end up being annoying.

So if you forget to stop it, you would gadly accept that other timers
might fail because the disk is full? I bet you would think differently
if that happened to you... ;-)

Klaus