[vdr] Re: VDR-(S)VCD's that are NTSC

Michael Reinelt wrote:
> Juri Haberland schrieb:
>>>- use mplayer.sh: apart from the fact that I've got an EMIA M6000 which
>>>has a quite slow CPU, I couln'd get mplayer to do any conversion to PAL.
>>
>> What kind of mplayer.sh do you use? If it's the one I maintain (current
>> version 0.8.4) then it should work (somehow) if you set NTSC=false in
>> mplayer.sh.conf.
>
> I tried with 0.8.3, and i set everything to false that smelled like
> NTSC, but it failed.

Argh, I didn't read the subject properly. NTSC=false works only for
files, not (S)VCDs/DVDs - but Patrick Cernko also send me patches for the
mplayer.sh to reencode (S)VCDs [and DVDs I think] on-the-fly. Stay tuned ;)

>> I plan to do testings and modifications to the mplayer.sh next weekend.
>> I also plan to publish one or two test releases with those changes (and
>> the mplayer patch).
>
> Fine, let me be one of your testers!

I'll send you an extra copy of the announcement.

> but, as always, how are the chances that the 600MHz CPU on the EPIA is
> strong enough?

Not good, though it might work with SLOW_CPU=true.

Cheers,
Juri