[vdr] Re: VDR Startup OSD/GUI

Ulrich Petri wrote:

Brian McKerr wrote:

Folks,

I managed to compile VDR 1.2.6 on a 2.6.0-test11 kernel with my Nebula DigiTV PCI card. I can get vdr to run in daemon mode with
<snip>

Now, I'm completely at a loss as to how to activate the OSD. It must be so simple that I've completely missed it !

Incidentally, xine works a treat with DVB and my nebula card so I'm sure there are no silly DVB errors.

The OSD normaly is displayed on the TV.
I don't know your card but i assume it has no MPEG2 decoder.

In this case you either need to use something like the xine or fbdev
plugin.

Ciao Ulrich

Via which output does it display on the TV ? I have a TV-out graphics card, via that ? or via the RF pass through on the nebula ?

Cheers,

Brian.