[vdr] Re: Possible correction for vdr.5? EPG Start Time and UTC..

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Thomas Keil (TK) wrote:

TK> Hi,
TK>
TK> I  think there's a little error in vdr.5 concerning the format of the
TK> EPG data (line 548 of vdr.5):
TK>
TK>       <start time>      is the time (as a time_t integer) in UTC when
TK> this event starts
TK>
TK> Actually it's not int UTC, which is milliseconds, but seconds.
TK> The line should be:

Correct  me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, UTC just means "Universal
Coordinated  Time", which is just a specific timezone and is equivalent to
GMT ("Greenwich Mean Time").

so you can measure the time with whichever accuracy you would like.

time_t  type  stores  the  time,  as  you  have  pointed out correctly, in
seconds.

BTW, UTC is is accurate to approximately a nanosecond.

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\