[vdr] Re: Human comprehensible directory

Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2003 15:43 schrieb tarass@club-internet.fr:
> >You could symlink your "readable" directorys into the original
> > structure... But why would you want to do such things?
>
> I recorded some movie I want to keep, and see them again in a long
> time. Why should I keep it in an uncomprehensible folder name. When I
> have more movies, how will I manage them. When my HD will be full, I
> will burn them on a dvd: will I have to keep them in those uggly
> folder name, and anyway, how can I read them from a DVD as one can
> not specify the folder where the 00x.vdr are.
>
> it's a noble wish, isn't it ?

From inside vdr the directory names are human readable. If you want to
see them with other applications you should use ds_X or the like and
mux them as normal mpeg and name them however you want. Too see them
then from inside vdr you can install the mplayer plugin. To burn them
on dvd you can use dvdauthor, mjpegtools etc and master dvd's. These
again can be played by mplayer plugin or dvd plugin. I don't really
understand the problem you have.

Steffen