[vdr] Re: Problem with MPlayer

Patrick Maier wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Juri Haberland wrote:
>> Patrick Maier wrote:
>> > Since I had not used the mplayer plugin for a real long time, I now
>> > started
>> > to use it again, but I had no success...
>> > I tried to configure the mplayer.sh version 0.8.4 and installed the
>> > MPlayer
>> > 1.0pre3
>> > but all I get when I start to play a file is a short interruption of the
>> > sound and an "Device or resource busy" error from the MPlayer.
>> > I've 2 cards, linux-dvb.2003-11-08, vdr-1.2.6.
>>
>> > Could it be that this is a problem that i have 2 cards and it tries to
>> > play
>> > on the wrong card?
>>
>> Yes, I think this is most likely your problem.
>> What kind of cards do you have (nova/nexus...) and which card is your
>> primary card?
>
> I've 2 haupauge DVB-S cards:

> The second (rev1.3) is the one from which i get my picture and sound.

This is your problem:
VDR frees the second card for mplayer to use, but mplayer _always_ uses
the first card.

> Is there an Option to set to get it work?

No, unfortunately mplayer doesn't have an option to set the device that
it should use. You have to modify the mplayer source:
In the source file libvo/vo_mpegpes.c change the lines 117 and 121 (you
can change line 116 also, but this is just cosmetic stuff):
Every "adapter0" must be changed into "adapter1".

It should then look like this:

[...]
printf("Opening /dev/dvb/adapter1/video0+audio0\n");
if((vo_mpegpes_fd = open("/dev/dvb/adapter1/video0",O_RDWR)) < 0){
        perror("DVB VIDEO DEVICE: ");
        return -1;
}
if((vo_mpegpes_fd2 = open("/dev/dvb/adapter1/audio0",O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK))
< 0){
 [...]

Recompile and be happy.

Cheers,