[vdr] Re: mplayer-plugin, reproducable problem?

Frederick Page wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> could someone kind please do the following:
>
> Pick an MPG file with mplayer-plugin and play it (no problems here).
> Then press "down" (pause the video), then "back".
>
> That kills VDR here. It does not react anymore to the remote-control,
> neither to the keyboard. I cannot even reset it, the modules won't
> unload, even after "killall -9 vdr" and "killall -9 runvdr". Not even
> a "init 1" helps, VDR will not react anymore, I have to reboot the
> machine.
>
> Is this reproducable or am I the only user experiencing this? Pressing
> "back" while in normal playback-mode works fine.

Confirmed not only for MPEGs.
The main problem is that somehow MPlayer doesn't really quit if it gets
the QUIT command from the plugin. If you do a 'killall mplayer', VDR
responds again - but you have to do the 'killall' before VDR's watchdog
kicks in (MinEventTimeout)... If you do not, VDR will try to restart
itself, but being not able to end the previous instance it cannot
successfully restart...

Don't know why MPlayer or the Plugin behaves like that (seems a bit like
the problem we had a year ago).

Cheers,
Juri