[vdr] Re: mplayer-plugin, reproducable problem?

Hi Juri,

Juri Haberland wrote on Sat, Dec 27 2003:

>>Pick an MPG file with mplayer-plugin and play it (no problems here).
>>Then press "down" (pause the video), then "back".

>Confirmed not only for MPEGs.

Thank you for your response, I wasn't sure, whether I had done
something wrong.

>The main problem is that somehow MPlayer doesn't really quit if it
>gets the QUIT command from the plugin.

Strange thing is: MPlayer quits just fine, when the video is in
playback-mode (not paused).

>If you do a 'killall mplayer', VDR responds again - but you have to
>do the 'killall' before VDR's watchdog kicks in (MinEventTimeout)...

I obviously wasn't fast enough :-(

>Don't know why MPlayer or the Plugin behaves like that (seems a bit
>like the problem we had a year ago).

I've got VDR only a couple of months, I use the latest mp3/mplayer
plugin (not sure about the version), MPlayer 1.0pre3 and VDR 1.2.6
with ElchiAIO3c and ImprovedOSD 2.0a

Kind regards   Frederick

--
If Windows is the solution, can we please have the problem back?