[vdr] Re: Problems with cPlayer's PlayVideo

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> I haven't tried your test plugin, but the problem may be that
> you have to send enough data to actually fill up the buffer
> enough so that it will show the image. See also the implementation
> of the VIDEO_STILLPICTURE ioctl() in the driver.

I already tested still images through the DeviceStillImage call, but this
can be very slow (up to 2 seconds for one image) because the video
buffer has to be filled with the data. So I tried displaying them with
PlayVideo which is very fast.

To my problem: It seems that the DVB card video decoder displays the
previously sended frame when I send the current frame to it with
PlayVideo. Thats no real problem for me. I just have to send it twice
to get it on screen. But that is still much faster than
DeviceStillImage

Andreas