[vdr] Re: Installation problem - developer v. 1.3.15 and 1.3.17

Anssi Hannula wrote:

jouni.karvo@tkk.fi wrote:

Tomi Sajaniemi writes:
> >> [root@vdrmasiina vdr]# ./vdr
> >> vdr: no primary device found - using first device!
> >> [root@vdrmasiina vdr]#
> > This line seems to be my problem:
> videodev: "av7110" has no release callback. Please fix your driver for > proper sysfs support, see http://lwn.net/Articles /36850/

> What is the next step what I have to do?

This might be stupid but check the basics first:

Check that you can scan and czap; if you cannot do that, check that
your device major is correct (it has changed from 250 to 212 at some
point)
The problem can also be that Mandrake changed from devfs to udev in 10.1. I updated my 10.0 to 10.1 with urpmi, and thus it didn't install udev. Mandrake appears to have udev rules/scripts for dvb, though. I don't have that '"av7110" has no release callback', so maybe a driver update could do it.

Hi again,

I check my major device is 212. That is ok. And then I try to scan channels and I get this error:

using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
main:1882: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 2 No such file or directory

These directories doesnt exist.

I think Anssi could be right about that devfs to udev thing. In Mandrake 10.0 everything works like it should be. I reinstalled MDK 10.1 (not urpmi update) and then I have a this problem. What should I do next?

Tomi

ps. thanks for keep trying to solve my driver problem

Home | Main Index | Thread Index