[vdr] Re: Installation problem - developer v. 1.3.15 and 1.3.17

Tomi Sajaniemi wrote:

I get it work! I just installed other kernel version (multimedia 2.6.7-1 mm.7mdk)

It seems that:

Official 2.6.8 kernel coming with Mandrake 10.1 does not has new enough dvb drivers, but their 2.6.7 multimedia kernel in contrib has newer dvb drivers which are correctly detected by the udev rules.

If someone know how to fix that it work with Kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk, let me know!

Thanks for all to be so patient to help me!

Maybe the easiest fix is to download CVS dvb-kernel drivers, compile and install them ("make all modules_install") for 2.6.8.1-12mdk. It replaces the old drivers. With these new drivers there is also a change of behaviour in the frontend drivers: you only need to modprobe dvb-ttpci, others (including ves1820) are loaded automagically.

--
Anssi Hannula

Home | Main Index | Thread Index