[vdr] Re: Compiling VDR

vshved@logistic-systems.com(Vladimir Shved)  01.12.04 13:10

>> which compiler is _required_ to compile VDR?
>>
>> I only have a debian 3.0 which only contains 2.95.

>Setup 3.3 or 3.4 from backports, works great here. See here:

>http://lists.backports.org/pipermail/backports/2004-August/001032.html

Thanks.
I had searched backports.org but did not find it.

deb     http://debian.ethz.ch/pub/debian-backports woody/backports gcc-3.4

But:
Is it really really required?

What will happen to the kernel builts?

  Removing modconf ...
  Removing modutils ...
  WARNING: Kernel was compiled with modules support!
  Removing the modutils package could result in an unusable
  system if you use modules. Remove this package only if you
  are really sure of what you are doing.

apt-get install modutils gcc-3.4

seems to help.

msi:~/video/VDR# gcc-3.4 --version
gcc-3.4 (GCC) 3.4.1 (Debian 3.4.1-4.dphys.004)

But where is g++3?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index