[vdr] Re: feature? VPS tagging

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  01.12.04 21:35

>I was referring to an _event_.
>Here's a detailed instruction:

>- press the Menu button
>- select "Schedule"
>- press Ok
>- select an event
>- press Ok
>- now, if this event has a VPS time that is different than
>   the start time, it will be displayed at the upper right
>   area of the event page

Ah, that might be the problem, that there is currently
no such different time!

>The whole idea about VPS is to start recording at the right point
>in time.

But how should the tv stations now, how long the users
box will need to actually start?

I assume they will give the signal at t=0.
But that might be 3sec too late if the user needs to
spin up the disc...(for example)

>If the tv stations don't handle the "running status"
>correctly, I suggest you complain to them.

RTL never did ;-)
The analoque VPS worked never good teh RTL.

>They could very well set
>the running status to '3' shortly before the actual broadcast starts,
>but they just don't. Things may have changed since the writing of the
>README.vps file, though...
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //