[vdr] Re: feature? VPS tagging

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  01.12.04 21:35

I was referring to an _event_.
Here's a detailed instruction:

- press the Menu button
- select "Schedule"
- press Ok
- select an event
- press Ok
- now, if this event has a VPS time that is different than
 the start time, it will be displayed at the upper right
 area of the event page

Ah, that might be the problem, that there is currently
no such different time!
Just look at the EPG page of the ZDF channel, for instance.

The whole idea about VPS is to start recording at the right point
in time.

But how should the tv stations now, how long the users
box will need to actually start?

I assume they will give the signal at t=0.
But that might be 3sec too late if the user needs to
spin up the disc...(for example)
Well, that what running status 3 ("about to start") is for ;-)

If the tv stations don't handle the "running status"
correctly, I suggest you complain to them.

RTL never did ;-)
The analoque VPS worked never good teh RTL.
I guess stations like RTL have no real interest in people
being able to record their broadcasts ;-)

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index