[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-submenu-0.0.1

Hi!

Ok, I think I've found one of my problems. First of all I used your example of the MainMenu.conf, but I don't have the plugins 'games' installed. After I recompiled VDR (fully not partially like before) and removed the plugins I don't use, it worked fine.
Second thing, i use vdr-1.3.17 not 16 .... sorry for that stupid mistake, but that shouldn't change to much.

I still have some problems with the patch/plugin:
1.) If I try to edit an entry, it doesn't work. I press 'Green' on a main entry and nothing happens. Also the Sorting doesn't do anything here. I press 'Blue' and move up or down and press 'Red' or 'Green' but the entry stayes at the same position.
2.) If I try to create a submenu, VDR crashes after entering the name of the menu-entry.
3.) If I enter a submenu sometimes not the first but other items are selected at first (mostly the last menu-entry). I.e. with my config: if I enter 'Video' 'mplayer' is selected, but thats maybe because of my misinterpretation of the MainMenu.conf. I will alter that and report again.
4.) A nice-to-have would be if plugins that aren't added to the menu-structure wouldn't be viewed at all. So also plugins (or system-entries) that have no option to deactivate the menu-entry could be left out of the menu-structure.

My MainMenu.conf:
0:1:+-Info
1:0:Schedule
1:0:epgsearch
1:0:tvonscreen
1:0:timeline
1:0:yaepg
1:0:Timers
1:0:Channels
1:0:osdpip
0:2:+-Video
2:0:Recordings
2:0:undelete
2:0:dvdselect
2:0:dvd
2:0:mplayer
0:3:+-Multimedia
3:0:mp3
3:0:osdimage
0:4:+-Tools
4:0:vdrrip
4:0:burn
4:0:calc
4:0:streamdev-server
0:5:+-System
5:0:femon
5:0:sysinfo
5:0:rotor
5:0:Setup
5:0:Commands

Bye,
Andreas Brugger

Sad schrieb:

Andrey Kuzmin a écrit :

If somebody find any bug/mistake, send me back the information (even the
MainMenu.conf file...) so I could correct it!

The first thing happens to me is that all standart menu items
disapeared :) As I understand it's by desing. But it might be a bug
that MainMenu.conf created with zero size. It was created in
/vdr/VDR/(null)/plugins/MainMenu.conf, not in /video/plugins. I filled
it using an example creation source code and menu items appear. In any
case an example MainMenu.conf in plugin's files will be a plus :)

Well, in fact, I've found why this happens...
Just a coding mistake...
When the file is not found (ie the first time plugin is launched), a variable FILE *fo is created, fopened and filed... but at the end of the function, there is a fclose(f) instead of fclose(fo) ...
Sorry for that...
I'm gonna investigate more on other's issues, and release another version of the patch!

Sad

Home | Main Index | Thread Index