[vdr] Re: SV: Re: DVD creation with subtitles

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 00:59, Mattias Viberg wrote:
> > Hi, I did a lot testing with subtitles some months ago, and
> > it is working now.
> >
> > Version 0.3 of dvbtextsubs is not working as well as version
> > 0.2, if you start from the beginning of a film, I do not know
> > why. Try version 0.2, too. You can find it at
> > http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbtextsubs.
> >
> > I did have same kind of
> > problems with subtitle colors, too. I had installed new
> > version of Dvdauthor, but some old version from Mandrake
> > installation was still there, and it was found before the new
> > one. When I removed it, I have got subtitle colors correctly.
> > I have now DvdAuthor version 0.6.10.
>
> I'm running version 0.6.10 of both vdrauthor and spumux, and 0.2 of
> dvbtextsubs, and still the colors gets weird.
>
> I'm running out of ideas...
>
> Best Regards, Mattias Viberg

Mattias, I am sending you separately a wrapper script that I developed
to extend vdrsync.pl to include teletext subtitle support.  The script
is not yet clean enough for general distribution, BUT you'll see the
exact syntax that "works for me".

I'm using dvdauthor 0.6.10, a modified version of dvbtextsubs 0.2 (it is
true: 0.3 does not work - so I back-ported the -pts functionality from
0.3 to 0.2) and xml2spumux from dvbsubs 0.3 (the newer version allows
you to specify the font, so you don't have to use the default teletext
font.)

An uneducated guess is that MAYBE there is a problem with the commands
you're using to create the DVD with dvdauthor - compare the dvdauthor
dvd.xml instruction file that my script generates with what you've been
using.

Good luck,

Sean

Home | Main Index | Thread Index