[vdr] Re: av711x firmware upgrade (was: Re: Test version 1.0rc3 of firmware 0x261d for AC3 replay)

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 09:13:58AM +0100, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 08:58, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:25:00AM +0100, Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> [...]
> > > recompling all in linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1/build-2.4 with a "make"
> > > works without erors but do not help.
> >
> > Why recompiling the stuff, make sure that the firmware loader
> > found the file to load the firmware.
> >
> > > How can i detect which firmware file by what driver is when loaded?
> > >
> > > Is that firma not for Technotrend/Hauppage DBV-S 2.1 PCI card?
> > >
> > > 1.3.17 linux 2.4.27
>
> Please excuse my ignorance, but does 2.4 kernel have a firmware loader?

Depends on you configuration of

      CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE

if _not_ defined, the get_firmware() inlined tries to load
a firmware file.  If you have defined this to the name
of the firmware file you have to copy the firmware file
to the location where fdump generates the appropiate
av7110_firm.h.

              Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/