[vdr] Re: av711x firmware upgrade

werner@suse.de(Dr. Werner Fink)  03.12.04 09:32

>On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 09:13:58AM +0100, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>> On Friday 03 December 2004 08:58, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
>>> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:25:00AM +0100, Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Why recompiling the stuff, make sure that the firmware loader
>>> found the file to load the firmware.

>> Please excuse my ignorance, but does 2.4 kernel have a firmware
>> loader?

# hotplug --help
Usage: /etc/hotplug.d/default/default.hotplug AgentName [AgentArguments]
AgentName values on this system:  dasd firmware ieee1394 input net pci scsi tape usb
                                       ~~~~~~~~

Isn't that what i need?
But true, i got a error message
firmware.agent[15187]: Firmware '' event not supported

(have not investigated in deep because the firmware is loaded)

>Depends on you configuration of

>      CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE

>if _not_ defined,

Is that set automatically when a 2.4 is detected?

I do the dvb make in "build-2.4/"

>the get_firmware() inlined tries to load a firmware file.

>If you have defined this to the name of the firmware file you
>have to copy the firmware file to the location where fdump
>generates the appropiate av7110_firm.h.

What is "fdump" ?

# man fdump
No manual entry for fdump