[vdr] Re: Test version 1.0rc3 of firmware 0x261d for AC3 replay

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

It starts with the end of a recording.
The life stream went black and stays black.

The only applied patch is the LNB_sharing patch.

Now VDR segfaults in the start phase.

I assume that something ist not OK with the thread locking in the shut down phase.
For example: the TSbuffer resources is deleted while a thread is still
using it. (Have not analyzed if it is so, it's only an example)

Yes, this is definitly a problem with the new threading of vdr-1.3.17. I have confirmed it with many others reporting the same error as you. If you search back on the list, you will find a patch I posted for 1.3.17 to revert back to the previous threading model of 1.3.16 (btw, the new thread.[ch] will not help).

Regards,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index