[vdr] Re: Test version 1.0rc3 of firmware 0x261d for AC3 replay

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
C.Y.M wrote:

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

It starts with the end of a recording.
The life stream went black and stays black.

The only applied patch is the LNB_sharing patch.

Now VDR segfaults in the start phase.

I assume that something ist not OK with the thread locking in the shut down phase.
For example: the TSbuffer resources is deleted while a thread is still
using it. (Have not analyzed if it is so, it's only an example)

Yes, this is definitly a problem with the new threading of vdr-1.3.17. I have confirmed it with many others reporting the same error as you. If you search back on the list, you will find a patch I posted for 1.3.17 to revert back to the previous threading model of 1.3.16 (btw, the new thread.[ch] will not help).

You really should try to fix the plugins that are having trouble.
Just reverting back to the 1.3.16 thread handling won't do you
any good in the long run. Since VDR itself runs just fine with the
files at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/thread.[hc] I'm not
going to change anything in that area until somebody shows me proof
of a bug.

Klaus, I would be happy to assist you in debugging the new threading. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Regards,
C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index